Wednesday, December 05, 2012

a little light reading ~

Howdy Folks!
hoping this wedsnesday is finding you happily busy!

I have been reading a few new books:
The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt
 ~and~
American Quilts & Quilts in the Attic
 I'm wanting to design a few smaller quilt patterns so these have been my muse today...
I'll share what I come up with soon!

and speaking of Muses....
just look at Iggy with his xmas stocking ~
he loves his little wool stocking...
 I think he likes the small pine branch that I tucked into it even better...
don't eat that, Ig...
it's beginning to smell alot like Christmas ~
even though it is December 5th, it truly doesn't feel like it outside lately.
we've had temps in the 70's and I don't like it one bit.
I need snow & cold weather ~ missing my Connecticut Winters'...
(I say that now, but I'm sure my mom & sisters will say I'm nuts...watch, now we'll get 2 feet!)

If you haven't had thee pleasure of following the Holiday Blog Hop
please head on over to Lynda's Blog to see her goodies!
 
 
 
Blessings from the Farm
Lori

7 comments:

NMK said...

Iggy looks so cute with his stocking !!! What Great pictures !!! It has felt more like Spring here in New England too....Trying to decorate for Cmas around here...I needed a Blog Land distraction !

Val Reaves said...

I love your title page...so festive! It's always fun to check in with you... Here in Kansas, we have unusually warm weather also...I was raised in South Dakota and our winters were long and hard. So different... Aren't cats wonderful companions? He's so photogenic and seems to tolerate posing! Thanks for the post...
Val in Kansas

prims by olde lady morgan said...

I cna't believe you were able to get iggy to sit so cute long enough for that great picture! Doesn't feel Like Christmas here either... Living in the windy city, one would think I would have tons of snow... and barely a flake so far...sigh...OLM

jennifer768 said...

Iggy is a darling!Wishing for some snow myself( gosh I can't believe it).LOL!Hugs,Jen

Gail said...

Iggy is hamming it up for the camera, I think.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Love the pic of Iggy and the stocking!

Anonymous said...

I just love that Iggy! What a handsome fellow, and a good friend!

rebecca